This assignment involved creating a Rollyo account. I put in seven or eight sites that I read a lot, and tried a couple different searches. The inclusion of Amazon.com meant that a LOT of the results I got back were from that site. So although this meant wading through a glut of book titles (and some other random, non-book items--electronic appliances found using "John Henry Newman"??) it was also very helpful at times. For instance, today I did a search using the term "conciliarism" (it was my bedtime reading last night, before my cold got the best of me). This gave me some good results, since not only were there (not surprisingly) a number of entries from First Things magazine but also a book by Nicholas of Cusa, whom I read about last night, that showed up on Amazon. Aha! Another book I want for Christmas.
I will have to tweak my website list a bit more to get a broader set of results, and when I get to that I will try it again. Overall, I think Rollyo is a very helpful search engine.
http://rollyo.com/davids/librariangr/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment