One of the tasks we were to try on Technorati was to try searching for the term "Learning 2.0" on the three different search options there. The three are "Blog posts", "Tags" and "Blog directory". When I did the search, the first two rounds were different, but not significantly so. The third, "Blog directory" gave quite different results.
Looking around the site elsewhere, the tagging idea seemed good, but there was a lot of clicking on links to be done in order to get anywhere. It seemed as if I were looking down the wrong end of a telescope sometimes! Overall though this idea seems sound, though, as someone who actually likes and uses the LC subject headings, I would rather keep both than simply dump the "stuffy old LC terms" and have library patrons tag our records for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment