I tried all the RSS and blog search sites recommended on the exercise page. Using the name of one of my favorite writers, J.-K. Huysmans, I typed in the word "Huysmans" to see what came up. Not many results--big surprise--though one blogger had written several entries about JKH, one in which he was discussing him in the context of Philip Roth's new novel. I decided to leave a comment, since it was such a pleasant surprise to find someone else in the world actually likes this writer. Yes, loving the work of an obscure, 19th century, French novelist whose works sometimes act as much as a bibliography for medieval mystics as they do for any sort of drama can have its drawbacks, but at least in this case I found one other person! There is hope!
Of the sites suggested, I do want to note that Topix had the interesting feature of noticing that I was searching from Grand Rapids (not sure how it knew that--IP address maybe?), so that, for instance, the website for Channel 13-TV came up somewhere on the page. I did not notice such a feature on the other ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment